Welcome to Remolino Arts
Remolino Arts is Robert's hand-made pottery business.
Most of his training has been through the Kirkland Arts Center. He produces functional ware, decorative pieces, and figurines in a variety of clays and finishes.
He enjoys working with many different finishing styles:
- Wood fire - in which the wood used as fuel becomes part of the glaze
- High fire - the depth and interplay of glazes fired in reduction
- Pit fire - smoke and fumes trapped in the clay create the free-form finishes
- Low fire - the precise results of glazes fired in oxidation
- Mid-Range - a little bit of both high and low
- Raku - the metalic sheens from glazes with high metal content
With so many ways to finish, he is often experimenting.